Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mystery of the raided chests

3 posters

Go down

The mystery of the raided chests Empty The mystery of the raided chests

Post  SirJoe Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:16 pm

It has come to my attention that my faction's(SonsOfOdin) base has recently been relieved of the items that were being contained in our chests. Now, these chests were in faction territory so naturally I am confused as to how anybody could have accessed these chests.

Now, I'm not against some nice, fair raiding. However these chests were not taken as a result of raiding. nobody died defending them, no land was taken. the items simply disappeared, within our territory, where it is normally impossible to open chests. so PineAbe, I humbly request that you look into this rather perplexing mystery.

Oh, of course I must mention that one person does admit to taking the items from our chest: mrbigboom28. However, I find it unlikely that he was the only person involved.
Especially considering the large amount of enemies that the Sons of Odins have.

SirJoe

Back to top Go down

The mystery of the raided chests Empty Re: The mystery of the raided chests

Post  Codey737 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:37 am

There was a raiding change.If you have an enemy and atleast one of your faction members is online at the time,the enemy faction can open and raid the chests.If all of your faction is offline those chests can't be raided.

Hope this solves your mystery.

Last edited by Codey737 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Codey737
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  SirJoe Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:47 am

Codey I don't know when this change occurred, but frankly it doesn't matter because none of my faction members report being online when our chests were raided. nobody knew that we had been raided until way after the fact. No offense, but I'm not satisfied with your response. I'm going to wait to talk directly to PineAbe.

SirJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Codey737 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:51 am

SirJoe wrote:Codey I don't know when this change occurred, but frankly it doesn't matter because none of my faction members report being online when our chests were raided. nobody knew that we had been raided until way after the fact. No offense, but I'm not satisfied with your response. I'm going to wait to talk directly to PineAbe.
My post above it a quote from Pine.

Codey737
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  SirJoe Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:07 am

You know what strikes me as rather odd? The fact that one of my own faction member created a faction and made us his enemy in order for us to test if an enemy faction was able to open chests.Even though we had two people from our faction online, he was unable to do so.

Unless this change was made recently and quietly removed once we had come online it doesn't seem like your response holds up Codey. I'm sure PineAbe can respond on his own by the way, there's no need for you to speak for him.

SirJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Codey737 Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:33 am

I just checked an abandon faction chest and none of the members are online,I was able to open it.(This maybe a bug,will have to ask about it,so the opposite maybe true)

If any faction member is online then the chests are protected,if none are online they are not protected.

Codey737
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  SirJoe Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 am

I honestly doubt it's a bug. don't bother posting a reply, I'm going to wait for PineAbe.

SirJoe

Back to top Go down

Post  Codey737 Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:39 am

I'm trying to help you here. I was told by Pine that chests are protected when your faction is offline.I checked this but the opposite is true,when your faction is offline your chests are unprotected. I'm not sure if Pine did it on purpose or it is a bug.

Codey737
Respected

Back to top Go down

Post  PineAbe Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:11 pm

Sorry for my inactivity, my laptop was having a few problems.
Well I can't say that I didn't intentionally allow this sort of raiding but now I revised it, its still a little stupid since we can't purchase any actual locks. Chest raiding will be banned until locks are added, I will find the best plugin for our server but as for SonsOfOdin. I will personally give you a full refund of items lost. It will be difficult to find out exactly what items were stolen but lets discuss the value of your losses.
PineAbe
PineAbe

Chief of Police

http://www.modern-gaming.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum